I was so thrilled this week. My new photography gear arrived after waiting for it for about 3 weeks. As I’ve mentioned in some other blog posts on my website before I’ve been shooting with a Canon EOS 650d since I’ve started photographing. This is a crop camera and I’ve been very eager to switch to a full-frame camera. After extensive research (watching YouTube and reading reviews) I decided to go with the Sony A7Rii. I know it has a couple of challenging points, like the short battery life, but bottom line I’m convinced this is the camera for me to shot with.
With this new camera I also had to buy new lenses, new SD cards, extra batteries etc. It was quite a big investment that I was saving for quit a whole. Winning the Art of Building competition certainly helped me reach the goal faster and I want to thank you – who voted for me – for that.
This is an overview of the gear that I’ll be using from now on:
- Sony a7R II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
- Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar T FE F4 ZA OSS E-Mount Lens
- Sony 24-70mm f/4 Vario-Tessar T FE OSS Interchangeable Full Frame Zoom Lens
- 2x Sony NP-FW50 Rechargeable Battery
- 4x SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB SDXC Memory Card
- NP-FW50 Dual Rapid Battery Charger
- Sony RMTDSLR2 Wireless Remote
- ProDot Shutter Release Button
The above is in addition to the gear that I already owned and bring with me on every trip:
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack 20L
- Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB Tripod
- EagleTac XM-L2 U2 Flashlight
- First Aid Kit | 299-Piece
- Cut Resistant Gloves
For the past few days I’ve been configuring and done testing with the camera and so far I absolutely love it. I’ll be testing it next week in a a city. Can’t wait.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.